2019 - Who will win in Class B

laxonardo

2019 - Who will win in Class B

Post by laxonardo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:08 am

There are eleven teams in the Class B group this year, alphabetically, as follows:
  • Brighton
  • Brockport
  • Canandaigua
  • Churchville-Chili
  • Gates Chili
  • Irondequoit
  • McQuaid Jesuit
  • Schroeder
  • Spencerport
  • Thomas
  • Victor
So the questions are: Who will make the final four? Who will take the championship and why?

BobWilson

Re: 2019 - Who will win in Class B

Post by BobWilson » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Victor easily . Irondequoit may be next best .

laxedmarauder

Post by laxedmarauder » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am

pure guess, it looks like the final four could shake out to Victor, CA, IQ and I'm going to say one of the Websters......I'm going to go outside the box and say Schroeder makes a run to the final four.

I agree, I would have to say Victor takes the cake and grabs another sectional championship, do you guys think Victor still has the firepower to threaten for another state championship game?

Thoughts?

irish cardinal

Post by irish cardinal » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 pm

laxedmarauder wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am
do you guys think Victor still has the firepower to threaten for another state championship game?
No. I do agree that they will probably win sectionals again though.

Lacrosse22

Post by Lacrosse22 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:23 pm

Victor, too much offensive firepower for other teams to handle. However, Irondequoit will make a run, return a lot of key players and are well coached. Terry Coholan knows what he is doing, not to mention that Brennan kid can ball.

laxedmarauder

Post by laxedmarauder » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:43 am

Victor will be potent on offense, no doubt. The defense will be the question with HUGE shoes to fill from under armour all americans from the back end who have moved on.

IQ's Brennan is a stud, it will be fun to watch how far he carries the eagles. One team who could be a problem for class B teams is CA, they had a loaded JV team and some young players who were playing up last year. It will be interesting to see if they can mature throughout the year and gel, they could be a tough game for anyone in the section.

UpstateLacrose

Post by UpstateLacrose » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 pm

irish cardinal wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:48 pm
laxedmarauder wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:12 am
do you guys think Victor still has the firepower to threaten for another state championship game?
No. I do agree that they will probably win sectionals again though.
Normally I'd say whomever wins Class B in Section V has an easy road to the state finals, I'm not sure that's true this year. The following round against a Buffalo team will be a waste of everyones time, but with F&M in class B now in Section III, that makes things interesting.

As for who should be favored to win Section V, I think Victor is an easy target but it won't be them. Canandaigua or IQ are my picks. I think Victor just loses too much. Who's in goal? Is there a returning varsity midfielder on the roster? Attack will be loaded but that's not enough IMHO. Canandaigua is my pick.

laxedmarauder

Post by laxedmarauder » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:14 am

I was completely surprised by last nights score between Brighton and Thomas.....I know Thomas graduated a lot but if this is the start to the season we may be in for a crazy ride. The last Mcdermott is still there I believe and he is an absolute stud.

Did anyone see that game?

BobWilson

Post by BobWilson » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:59 pm

I was not at the game but I can tell you this . Thomas is going thru a youth movement . Last year's JV team was mainly 8th and 9th graders . They are pretty good for their age and were over .500 last year . The Thomas coach is trying to surround his 10th grade goalie son with a team that in 2 years will not only contend for a sectional crown but the state title as well . Many of this year's seniors were ignored , made to sit behind 9th graders during the off season workouts and at tournaments around state . A few were just shown the door for little or no reason . Thomas lost 26 of 32 players from last years team . This years team has 26 players with only 6 returning players . Much of the roster was filled out 9th and 10th graders . Not a recipe for success .

Laxlife

Post by Laxlife » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:32 pm

Went to see the Canandaigua Pal-Mac game.
Good effort by both teams and great game to watch.
Both teams had their runs and looked solid.